How to download and install Snapchat on PC with Bluestacks android emulator? Let’s face it! Snapchat is hot! Every day, over 150 million people all over the world go the digital social outlet to make use of at least one of its features: posting snaps (photos) and videos, as well as sharing stories with family and friends. Users can also beautify their pictures and videos with what Snapchat filters. What makes Snapchat most unique though is users’ability to have conversations that automatically gets deleted after some time.
Oh! Did I mention that Snapchat is exclusively for mobile devices? It’s not even compatible with every single mobile operating system: just Android and iOS, fortunately the popular ones though.
Do you happen to be or know a guy that’s pretty much always on the computer? Let me guess, they would love to be able to Snapchat while minimizing that Microsoft package window on their Windows PC… or Mac.
Then, you need to get familiar with software packages called emulators. An emulator basically creates some sort of mobile environment on your desktop computer – running on Windows or Mac. Hence, you can easily run mobile apps on your computer (making sense now, uh?)
So, presumably, the point here is to install an emulator on your PC and use Snapchat as though you’re using a mobile device. One of the utmost best out there for Android is Bluestacks.
Bluestacks – The Best Android Emulator For Snapchat
In 2012, Bluestacks launched the App Player for Mac operating system. In no time, a Windows version was released. Now known simply as Bluestacks, the application package converts the Android file format into one that other operating systems will readily recognize. Guess what, it’s free.
Minimum requirement for Windows are: Windows XP SP3, 2GB memory, 4GB hard drive Diane, GPU with Direct 9.0. Minimum requirement for Mac include: MACOS Sierra, 4GB disk space, 4GB RAM.
To use Snapchat on your personal computer with Bluestacks:
- Go to www.bluestacks.com to download the software for your operating system.
- Install Bluestacks.
- Run the setup process. In this step, you will be prompted to link and sync your Google account with Bluestacks so as to be able to launch every Android application.
- Go to Bluestacks Play Store and download Snapchat.
- Go to Bluestacks and open “My Apps”.
- Click “Install APK”.
- Look for your recently downloaded Snapchat and click on it.
- Snapchat promptly installs.
- Go to Bluestacks home screen. You will not see Snapchat on the “My Apps” tab.
- Click on Snapchat and you’re good to go.
- To make the most of Snapchat, do get a good camera to connect to your system. If your system has a webcam though, you are covered.
Bluestacks Snapchat Not Working (Troubleshooting)
You may try to use Snapchat on PC via Bluestacks and get an error message saying your version does not support Snapchat. This is bound to be confusing because Snapchat normally works on Bluestacks. What then is going on?
The main reason is that, for some reason, new Bluestacks versions don’t support Snapchat. This is for to the fact that there have been recent modifications to Snapchat denying it the ability to be run on emulators.
There are ways around this for Snapchat lovers however:
- Use previous Bluestacks versions.
2. Install Casper. Casper is an application that can make your emulator (in a way) invisible to Snapchat, hence boycotting the seeming restriction.
- Download Casper.
- Click on ‘Install Apk” on the Bluestacks menu.
- Select the Casper apk file and Casper will be automatically installed
- Open your installed apk and install your Snapchat version (the latest, probably) of choice on it.
3. Use Snapchat beta mode. The beta mode of an application is one which is used to test updates to the app before official release. To get the Snapchat beta version:
- Log on to your Snapchat account using your regular Snapchat application.
- Go to” settings”.
- Go to the option tagged “Advanced” and select “Join Snapchat Beta”.
- Download the beta version and try running it on Bluestacks.
Snapchat Login Temporarily Failed Bluestacks
Login error is probably the most common kind people face with Bluestacks. In fact, anyone who tries to surf any social networking web at all using a rooted Android device may face this; networking systems may perceive Bluestacks this way. This is issue can be easily resolved by adhering to the following tips, however:
- Make sure you use the official application download for free from Play Store. This will ensure your Snapchat usage doesn’t get unnecessarily interrupted.
- Ensure your Snapchat is connected to a valid Google account.
- Make sure your system’s time and date settings are correct and up to date.
Bluestacks Snapchat Update
Bluestacks has improved over the years; we overview this growth below:
Bluestacks for Mac
Buestacks, Inc. on the 27th of July, 2012, released the App Player alpha-1 version for Mac operating system, and on the 27th of December, 2012, the beta version. In July, 2015, a new Mac version was released. In November, 2015, Support and development for Mac was discontinued, but later restarted.
Bluestacks, Inc. in December, 2015, released Bluestacks 2.0. Bluestacks 2.0 lets users use more than an Android app simultaneously.
Bluestacks TV (BTV)
On the 7th of April, 2016, Bluestacks, Inc. released Bluestacks TV. The software integrated Twitch.tv into the App Player, thus letting users stream their apps directly to Twitch.
In September, 2016, the company released Facebook Live Integration giving users the opportunity to stream to Facebook, their gameplay.
Bluestacks, in July, 2017, released Bluestacks 3. Bluestacks 3’s App Center personalizes game suggestions, and its multi-instance lets users use more than one Bluestacks windows.
Bluestacks, Inc. has also released Bluestacks 3N, Bluestacks4 and Bluestacks 4 64-Bit Beta.